Monday, April 20, 2009

Loose teeth afte gettting hit in he mouth with a board.?

In August I got hit in the mouth with a 4x6 when I stepped on it it came flying up and whacked me. Besides a gash that went through and through the skin, 2 of my teeth were knocked loose. X-rays showed not breaks and that the teeth intact. I was stitched up and my teeth pushed back in place and I was told that they will tighten up. The gums have healed but the teeth are still loose but not as loose as they were. I have no problems eating or anything, except when it got really cold out they started to hurt.





I thought by now they would have been tightened up or will they always be a little loose.

Loose teeth afte gettting hit in he mouth with a board.?
Hi, I%26#039;m a dentist.





How long ago was it that your teeth were initially traumatized? Also, how out of place were the teeth (you mention they were %26quot;pushed back in%26quot;)?





It can take approximately 6-8 weeks for traumatized, loosened teeth to shore up in the socket. The bone surrounding the tooth needs that time to heal.





You need to keep in mind that there is a chance that the teeth will not shore up completely, and that the teeth may be dead. If this is the case, root canal therapy may be an option to save the teeth. Extraction of the dead teeth, followed by a partial denture or implant-supported crowns is also another option. Teeth darken if they die...the tooth will turn a gray/brown color. It can take months for the tooth to change color.





You should be re-evaluated 6 weeks after the initial trauma and splinting process. You didn%26#039;t mention whether or not your teeth were splinted, but it sounds like they should have been.





Good luck. I hope this helps.
Reply:They should tighten up eventually. Try to not put very much pressure on them when eating, if you can.



myspace images

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net