Monday, April 20, 2009

Loose teeth for a young male???

I%26#039;ve been down about this lately and I have made an appointment in the month of January to see my dentist. Though, until than I still question as to what is the problem and seek out answers.





On some of my teeth I can rub my finger along them and I can hear a small clicking noise. I apply two fingers around the tooth and can hear the same noise. In July of this year my dentist told me that I did not have periodontis, but that I do have a overbite. Could this be the reason for them? After eating a meal, I can push my tounge against a certain tooth and it feels like it shifts.





Are having dental crowns good in correcting a misaligned bite? May sound odd, but I%26#039;m also curious to know if a loose tooth can be covered by a crown for better support.





Thank you for your time.

Loose teeth for a young male???
I will answer based on your dentist%26#039;s diagnosis of a) no periodontal disease, and b) you have an overbite





An overbite means that your upper front teeth are overlapping your lower front teeth by more than 20%. What your information does not tell me is what percentage your overbite is. Anyway, based on what you did tell me, it sounds like the BACKS of your upper front teeth are putting unwanted pressure on the FRONTS of your lower teeth. When this occurs, the pressure is similar to the pressure you experience when wearing braces. It shifts and loosens the teeth. At least when you wear braces, the braces stay on until the desired movement is complete and then a retainer is worn to hold the teeth in place until the bone is well mineralized (hard) around the roots in their new position. In your case, the pressure is on and off. This means there is enough pressure to move your teeth but not enough CONSISTANT pressure to keep them there. The result? The very sensation you described. Minor movement of the teeth.





Crowns cannot be used to correct this because what you need to do is to realign your teeth so that the unwanted pressure is off. Ideally, you would want to correct the overbite! This means that if you want the job done correctly, you would have to consider orthodontics (braces).





Hey, you are most welcome for my time. An informed patient can keep professionals on their toes.



office stationery

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net